Holidaymakers coming to Napier have a wealth of opportunity for adventure. Being close to the sea allows for many fun outings for both young and old. There is so much to do in the Hawke's Bay region, often a week's stay is not long enough.
Napier is known as the Art Deco capital of the world. It was redesigned in the Art Deco style after the devastating Hawke's Bay earthquake in 1931. Nowhere else can you see such a variety of buildings in Art Deco style.
Napier offers a wide range of resources for both business and pleasure. Business promotion or team building retreats fit into the Hawke's Bay environment with ease.
See Napier today:
- Specialist Art Deco and Vintage clothing shops
- Art Deco tours
- Live Art Deco at the annual Art Deco Weekend (every February) and Deco Decanted celebrations (every July)
- Wine Duck and harbour cruises
- National Aquarium of New Zealand plus kiwis
- McLean Park for live games
- Ahuriri Port — wine, dine and shop
- Ocean Spa — all year round hot pools
- Sample wines at the New Zealand Wine Centre
- Indulge at Norfolk Lounge, Napier RSA's fantastic smorgasbord restaurant
- Enjoy concerts or lunch at Mission Estate Winery and Church Road Winery
What's on in Napier? Visit:
Points of Interest
Located on the east coast of New Zealand's North Island, Hawke's Bay Wine Country is New Zealand's leading food and wine region. With over 2200 hours of sunshine, Hawke's Bay is a year-round holiday destination with an eclectic mix of visual and sensory experiences.
Hawke's Bay is a region of contrasts with a diverse range of things to see and do. For families enjoying the sun, there are golden sand beaches, the Splash Planet water theme park, and crystal clear rivers to explore. Visit the National Aquarium of New Zealand, swim with dolphins or view the largest most accessible mainland gannet colony in the world.
For the mild to wild adventurer take a jet boat or cycle between wineries. Experience hot-air ballooning at sunrise or surfing in Mahia. Paraglide off Te Mata Peak, hike or take a leisurely journey along one of the 17 heritage trails around the region. You can hunt in the ranges, fish for brown and rainbow trout or play golf at one of the 20 local courses.
'Miser List' of Local Attractions — things to do under $10:
- Browse the Art Deco shops — take a self-guided tour of the Art Deco buildings
- Rush Munro's ice cream — 'Lick This' sells this delicious ice cream
- Fish and chips at Perfume Point
- Check out the gun bunkers along the Marine Parade walkway
- Take a stroll through the Sunken Garden
- Take the kids to the adventure playground on Marine Parade — they'll love it
- SK8 Zone — loads of fun
- Pop into Opossum World and see the fascinating static display of opossum
- Visit Anderson Park — walk the Peace Mile, enjoy the miniature railway and children's playground
- Take a drive up to the Bluff Hill lookout and look over the Napier Port and beyond
The Napier RSA is a safe environment where people can be themselves. We provide live weekend entertainment, excellent dining facilities and a well-stocked bar that offers a wide range of local and national beverages complemented with a host of sporting facilities.
The restaurant offers the following dining options:
- Smorgasbord Lunch – Monday–Saturday from 12.00 noon to 2.00 pm; $13.00
- Carvery and Desert – Monday–Thursday from 6.00 pm to 8.00 pm; $20.00
- Smorgasbord – Friday and Saturday from 6.00 pm to 9.00 pm; $27.00
- Seafood/Carvery and Desert – Sunday from 6.00 pm to 9.00 pm; $25.00
- Takeaway meals are available from $7.00
- Bar snacks available in the bar, same hours as restaurant, from $2.00 to $16.00. Available for visitors, affiliated members or guest of members
Please Note: "Prices are subject to change without notice and the prices quoted above may differ."
Swipe your membership card or affiliate card for discounts.
City Close Motel guests receive a complimentary drink voucher when dining in our restaurant – please ask motel reception for your voucher.
Visit the Napier RSA website for more information — including live weekend entertainment.